Momentum Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ) isn’t just for adults. In fact, it’s the perfect activity for kids! This form of martial arts incorporates a lot of ground grappling and is based on automatic human responses. When it comes to self-defense, BJJ empowers a smaller individual to fight against a larger opponent. But the advantages don’t stop there. BJJ helps kids gain confidence, learn discipline, focus their energy, foster respect for others, and be a part of a one-of-a-kind community full of future friends and mentors!
Momentum Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Kid's Program
As a parent, your priority is keeping your child safe. That’s why Momentum Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is so passionate about equipping kids with the invaluable self-defense skills that BJJ provides. While all forms of Jiu-Jitsu prepare students for real-life altercations and provide essential lessons on how to protect oneself, Jiu-Jitsu takes self-defense to another level. Jiu-Jitsu is unique in its ability to mirror situations students could potentially face in the real world, due to its uniform of regular clothing and its utilization of faster-paced grappling.
Improves Health and Fitness
Jiu-Jitsu doesn’t just teach your child essential self-defense skills, it helps them in all aspects of their life. Having the ability to protect yourself will create a unique type of confidence in your child that carries over into their ability to speak out in class, make new friends, and stand up for themselves and others against bullies. Not to mention, Jiu-Jitsu is great for your child’s health. This martial arts discipline is known for providing students with a full-body workout that boosts flexibility, improves coordination, and creates positive lifestyle habits.
Provides A Safe Environment
Preparing to defend oneself against an attacker sounds scary, but Momentum Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu promises to make sure that your child feels comfortable and safe throughout the entire process. We enforce a strict policy of acceptance, respect, and care for others that are incorporated into everything we do – whether it’s student-instructor interactions, warm-ups, sparring, or student friendships. From day one, we encourage students to express any questions and concerns they may have. We believe that communication is the key to creating a healthy and uplifting training environment.
From the moment a child steps into our building, they will be met with a supportive and inclusive environment of instructors and fellow students who want them to succeed. Because students regularly spar with each other in class, you may be surprised to learn just how strong the friendships in our BJJ classes are. Jiu-Jitsu teaches kids the thrill of winning as well as the humility of losing, and we make sure our students respect each other throughout all the highs and lows of their training.
Kids BJJ FAQs
- It's more compassionate. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a grappling discipline that relies on leverage and control, which means that kids have a way to defend themselves that doesn't involve punching or kicking another child.
- It's more effective. Striking can work well in many situations, but at some point, a significant difference in size, strength, and aggression is going to outweigh skill. Jiu-Jitsu is designed to work for anyone, regardless of size.
- Promotions are merit-based. Many martial arts programs treat the belt system as an additional revenue stream. They promote kids quickly and charge for each new rank. In BJJ, promotions take time and are based on real accomplishments. And to ensure they stay that way, we never charge for promotions. When your kid has earned a new rank, they will get it.
- If your child is feeling intimidated, one of the most useful tools you can provide them is self-defense training that really works. And that doesn't mean that they have to start getting into fights in order for it to help. Just knowing they have options can often help kids with the debilitating sense of victimization that comes from bullying.
- If your child is bullying others, they are likely acting out of frustration and misplaced aggression. Training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu takes kids' natural energy and channels it into something positive. They learn to respect others through shared effort and earned accomplishments. It's a positive, effective supplement to school anti-bullying measures.